Sunday 12 May 2013

Go Goa Gone



Well I don’t have any punch line for this one n I don’t know the reason for that. I usually do. But today somehow I was just enjoying the movie and dint think of anything. May be it was not too good or too bad to have a punch line.
Well today, I went to watch this movie without any expectation. Actually I have heard the review of this movie in couple of TV programs and they all have said its just a average movie just introducing ZOMBIES to Indian cinema and its comic. And of course I watched the promos of the movie. They did not look very promising. They just looked average. The sense of humor was also not very new. The treatment was looking a little stylish but not something out of the world which I have not seen. So I thought to give this a pass. But today my friends called me and dragged me to the movie saying it will be fun if I watch it in a group. Since it was Sunday afternoon and I did not have anything else better to do so I thought of tagging along.
But I was in for a surprise I think. The treatment of the movie in the beginning just gripped me. The single meaning jokes were really cool and looked awesome onscreen. The reason was simple they were not double meaning they were just single meaning and the meaning was exactly which our dirty mind usually thinks. So the jokes were just on the face with the practical reality. The drugs were treated really well in the movie. The first half was really very fast paced and totally humorous telling the characters of  two drug addict friends who takes shelter to drug every time they fail in life. But they have a third friend who does not want to get defeated and struggles to find happiness in that shittingly boring corporate life. After a hilarious characterization the story is being built up by taking them to Goa for some stupid reasons and finally they end up in Rave party which takes them to the Zombies world. Then up to first half that chase and run sequences with zombies is fun. The entry of Saif ali is also cool.
Second half is mostly their trial to come out of that island of zombies. It mostly looks like a cheap copy of any scifi or dianosours movie except for those comic punches here n there very often which actually makes the movie very different. The USP of the movie is its genre which is very uinique. Its not typical action thriller nor a pure comedy. It’s a comic action or action comedy which works real well for the movie. The second half looks little stretched. It could be edited well and movie could have been much better than what it is now. But still the movie does justice and a good watch to experience a new genre.
The acting of almost all the cast is awesome. Special kudos to Veer Sanghvi and Kunal Khemu. Veer sangvi is really awesome in comic timings and his subtle comic expressions are outstanding. Kunal khemu’s comedy is loud but awesome. The third guy has also played very nice goody goody guy which is usual respite from the comedy and gives the balance to the movie, not to let it become out n out double meaning comedy. Saif can be counted in the movie as a cameo. There is not much for him there.
The direction is really awesome. Camerawork is also outstanding. Costume and makeup is done very nice to match up the genre and not to make movie a typical horror movie. Music score also adds to the soul of the movie. All in all it’s a good watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment